Follow these steps to ensure the correct adjustment on your LED headlight. This should be performed after installing our ProBEAM or TruBEAM headlights to ensure you achieve the full performance and proper projection with the beam pattern.
Pre inspection checklist:
- Motorcycle is positioned on a level surface.
- All tires have correct pressure.
- Motorcycle is at normal riding height. Load motorcycle with rider, passenger (if normally present) and any other cargo normally carried.
- Tape or chalk to mark line
- Correct tools for your motorcycles headlight adjustment screw.
Headlight aiming instructions:
- Draw a line 25 feet away from a wall (Line A). Measure the distance from directly below the front axle to the base of the wall.
- Measure up from the ground to the center of the headlight. Record this measurement. Measure from the ground up the wall and make a mark at this point. (Line B).
- Load motorcycle with rider, passenger (if normally present) and any other cargo normally carried.
- Stand motorcycle upright with both tires resting on the floor and with front wheel aligned directly forward towards the wall.
- Turn ignition/headlight switch to the IGNITION position. Set headlight switch to the High beam position.
- Check light beam for proper height aiming: a. The top of the low beam pattern should align 2” below line B. b. The high beam of light should be directed straight ahead. Properly adjusted headlights project a concentrated beam of light and should center on line B. High beam adjustment is illustrated below.
- Adjust headlight aiming if necessary. Refer to your service manual if uncertain of process.