BMREMOTE4: Black Magic Remote (Single Color LEDs)
Determine if the batteries in your key fobs need to be replaced for your accent light remote.
If you find your batteries are weak and in need of changing, Watch the video below on how to replace the (2) CR2016 batteries.
If you have confirmed the batteries in your key fobs are good but your accent lights still do not turn on or perform any function with your key fob, perform a key fob resync below.
BMREMOTE4 Key Fob Re-Sync Procedure
Important: Contacts on the internal circuit board of the module will be touched during this procedure, follow the instructions exactly to ensure no shorting of other components or damage to the board. BMREMOTE4: Black Magic Remote (Single Color LEDs)1
1. You will need a piece of wire or a paper clip fashioned as pictured.You will also need BOTH Keyfobs. They will both need to be synced one right after the other.
2. Turn the module over and remove the 4 screws that hold the housing together. Keep in a safe place as they are very small and can get lost easily.
3. Look at the photo below. The high-lighted section on the circuit board with the 2 solder contacts within is the key fob sync circuit. Make sure to note that it is the smaller contacts, not the larger ones to the right next to it.The board LED above the contacts is the Sync status LED. When the contacts are shorted, the Blue LED will light.
4. Make sure that the remote module has power, then taking your wire or paper-clip, touch both solder contacts.
5. If number 4 was performed properly, the Blue LED will light up and stay lit for about 10 seconds.
6. While the Blue LED is lit, take one keyfob and press the OFF button (lower right), if the key fob is sending a good signal, the blue light on the circuit board will turn off.Note: if the Blue light on the circuit board will not turn off when the key fob button is pushed, check the batteries inside the key fob. An indicator light on the key fob does not always mean it is sending a signal. If the light on the fob is dim or if it is flickering, then chances are the batter-ies are weak and in need of replacing.
7. Once the Blue LED light on the circuit board goes out, then repeat steps 4-6 with the second key fob. Make sure that the On button (upper left) is pressed instead of the off button so that the micro will load both fobs successfully.
Note: This procedure may need to be performed more than once if the sync procedure does not take the first time.
Note: If the Blue LED light on the circuit board will not come on when the contacts are touched, confirm power to the Module. If there is power to the Module,it is possible that the module may be defective and needs to be inspected by a CD technician.
Note: If the Blue LED light on the circuit board comes on, but one or both keyfobs will not turn the light off, and the batteries in the key fobs have been verified as good, then there could be an issue with the Key fob and should be inspected by a CD technician