Use this article to access the onboard diagnostics and confirm diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) stored under the Turn Signal Module/Turn Signal Security Module (TSM/TSSM) . These DTC's will assist in troubleshooting to resolve lighting issues.
Code clearing for Harley Davidson models equipped with TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal Module/Turn Signal Security Module)
TSM/TSSM models include:
2001 - 2010 Softail models
2001 - 2011 Dyna models
2001 - 2013 Sportster/Touring/Trike models
1. Confirm Ignition switch is in the“OFF”position & the Run/Stop switch is in the“Run”position.
2. Push odometer reset button in & hold while turning Ignition switch to the“ON”position.
3. Release odometer reset button. Background lighting should illuminate, speedometer needle should sweep its full range and indicator lamps (battery, security, low fuel, check engine and cruise) should illuminate. The word“DIAG”will then appear.
4. Push the odometer reset button once and you will see the selection menu "PSSPT" with the first P flashing.
5. Push the odometer reset button once until S is flashing 7. Push and hold the odometer reset button for 5 seconds and release. If there are any DTC’s, the code will be displayed, otherwise the word“NONE”will appear if there are no trouble codes. If there is more than one code push the odometer reset button again to view additional codes.
8. To clear the code hold down the odometer reset button while the code is displayed until the word“CLEARED”is displayed. Push the odometer once more to return to the“PSSPT”selection menu. Turn the ignition switch off. The codes are now cleared
"PSSPT”Selection Menu Definitions
Each letter represents an area of the diagnostics module.
P = ECM/ICM (Electronic Control Module refers to EFI models, Ignition Control Moduleis for Carburetor models)
S = TSM/TSSM (Turn Signal / Turn Signal Security Module)
SP = speedometer